Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Deep Breaths

Oh my gosh... am I actually doing this?  It seems like only yesterday that I sat next to a work associate and giggled about how I would never blog.... be a blogger... be a blogger... a blogger is as a blogger blogs, right?  The reason it seems like only yesterday is because it actually was only yesterday that I said I would never blog.  And look at me now.  I am a blogger!  It's probably not a good idea to say "never".  (Do you like how I avoided saying "Never say never"?!)

You can ignore that whole first paragraph because the reason it is so jittery is because that is the language of my fingers right now.  I am so nervous.  I have no problem talking (in front of people or out loud to myself when it's warranted) or emailing (yes, I've been that person who accidentally 'replied all'... sorry mother-in-law).  The thing I like about talking or emailing is that I can be selective about who hears/reads it.  But I don't know YOU.  Or YOU.  I don't even know what you could have Googled to find my blog.  It is a huge mystery to me!!!  But one thing I do know is that this is a medium for connection.  You are searching for something (that is why you used Google to begin with... it's a search engine!), and I am searching for something, and that is where we connect.  Initially, anyway.  After that the possibilities are endless.

So you are wondering what this blog is about, aren't you?  You're sitting on the edge of your seat because it looks like just a bunch of random ramblings from a Jello-jiggly-like virtual character.  But you're thinking there must be some substance to all this beating around the bush.  You're hoping there is some substance, anyway.

Well to start with, I'm going to just put this one question out there:  What do you think about breastfeeding?  Perhaps you don't think about it.  Perhaps you weren't breastfed, or you don't even know if you were.  Perhaps you never considered where your first meals came from outside the womb.  Perhaps a woman breastfeeding in a mall or restaurant or in the restroom stall next to you has never prompted one single synapse to fire off in your brain.  If you have never considered it, I am not judging you.  But now that I've planted the seed in your mind, conscious or not, you've formed an opinion.  Now, I challenge you to really think about it and tell me what you think...

That was exhausting.  Signing off. 

BkB   

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new blog! I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete